Monday, February 8, 2021

Support Networks

 


I have been thinking about the importance of support networks in all their shapes and sizes and squiggles. For example some of the support networks I have tapped into recently include:

  • Roommates who took care of me 
  • Friends, Family and Friends of Friends who also took care of me 
  • Church members who prayed for me
  • My teddy bear who gives great hugs
  • My weighted blanket which brings calm
  • Classic speeches by Wentworth Miller reminding me I'm never alone in my head or in my thoughts and giving advice on what to do with all that stuff in my head
  • Numerous fanfiction across multiple fandoms where characters can put into words things that I struggle to, experience things I can't experience myself, etc.
  • Writing to Wentworth Miller in my journal to process what I am feeling/thinking and reminding me someone always understands what I am experiencing
  • Daydreams including Captain Cold, and Pete and Chasten
Support Networks look different for each and every person. It does not matter what your support networks look like as long as you find support networks that work for you. We all will have moments when we need to lean on our support networks because we can not do something alone, so it is vital that we recognize and cultivate support networks ahead of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .