Friday, February 26, 2021

Creating Magic

 


On Facebook I ran across this quote:

I believe in magic. Almost everyone does, though most don't acknowledge it, and some deny it vehemently. But as a matter of anthropological and psychological fact, we are hard-wired to draw emotional comfort from non-rational ritual, be those rituals religious or social or personal. Ritual works; for my current purposes, the metaphysics are not relevant. And the knowledge that non-rational ritual can have concrete results is something that you can use for practical purposes, and THAT is what I think of as magic. (P.D. Haynie, February 25, 2017)

Which spoke to me as someone who is often drawn to rituals, rituals as stated in the above quote which can be "religious or social or personal." I find myself collecting rituals from many different places and reaching for different rituals at different times. 

  • Celebrating Lent or Advent or Elul really intensely. 
  • Wanting to create patterns in how I get through my daily to do lists. 
  • Enjoying drumming and fire spinning at full moon jams. 
  • Celebrating every time we reach a new month as a mini New Years. 
  • Turning my POP Captain Cold figure into a talisman/patron saint/protector who watches over me and freezes internal and external conflict/negativity in my life and can bless me. (And yes I know the character Captain Cold would probably not be happy being called a patron saint but we can use as much artistic license as we want when we are creating our own personal magic)
I have found magic and have dedicated myself to this magic. Magic is all around you if you look for it, and even if you don't look for it. As the seasons begin to change, this is a good time to think about how you will create more magic. What rituals will you create so that you can know this magic? Embrace magic and ritual. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .