Saturday, April 29, 2023

Happy Independent Bookstore Day

 

Happy Independent Bookstore Day

As it is stated "This national one-day party held the last Saturday in April celebrates independent bookstores across the country online and in-store. Through exclusive books and literary items, contests, cupcakes, and everything in between, it’s a party you don’t want to miss!" 

Here in Chicago there are so many great independent book stores. 

My favorite one right now is Three Avenues Bookshop located at 3009 N Southport Ave which opened last Nov. The owners are wonderful, kind, and friendly. Three Avenues Bookshop is really creating a sense of community. I love how books about neurodivergence, mental health, social justice issues etc. are always highlighted. 



Community Events From Book Clubs and Local Jazz Groups 
To Helping Provide Diverse Books To Chicago Public Schools


Total Brag: 

At the last book club I wrote a poem in response to the book to share, 
When they learned I am a poet/freelance writer, they took a pile of my business cards. 
Today I saw they actually shared them. :) :) :)
I will say I am floating or flying on cloud 9 right now.
Seeing my business cards shared right when people come in the door feels wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .