Monday, December 7, 2020

Destressing The Holiday Season

 


For the Holiday season I have set a high bar for myself in terms of activities, projects, and to-dos I hope to get done by the end of the year which means I have been finding myself stressed out.

I have been finding I have to take a step back and get a birds eye view of what I want to get done. I have to take a minute and think about why each item is on my to-do list and if my plans align with that why. Because 2020 has been 2020 I want to stay busy so that I feel like I have done as much as I can this year but I also have to remember that staying busy does not mean I have to do 20 things everyday.

I have also found it is important for me to add self care tasks to my daily list to make sure that I actually get to them. For December this looks like having a cup of tea and using some lotion each and every day. (These self care tasks have the added benefit of helping me work towards my goal doing a deep clean for the New Year, because I am using up little bits in different containers and I have a better idea of what I do have in these categories)

As we continue on in the Holiday Season make sure you give yourself a break. This year is not going to look like past years so don't judge yourself using the same rubric. Know that no matter how it turns out it will be one to remember and it means that 2020 is almost over and we will soon be able to welcome 2021.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .