Saturday, May 28, 2022

Ready To Capture Summer?

 

The last time I did my summer activity list was in 2019. Now I know the past few summers have looked different for obvious reasons but it feels nice to return to something I used to do in the before times.

I started to do color coded summer activity lists since here in Chicago there are a million things to do each summer but since you can't do it all sometimes I felt like I was not doing anything. Seeing everything I had done over the course of a summer made me feel better, there even were a few summers where I got to over 100 activities. 

The color coding also was set up to remind myself to do lots of different categories of activities over the course of the summer.

The set up: The dates for the week and a color coded list activities I do.


Now this summer I have a more reasonable goal which is to do 50 activities over the course of the summer (and I just started counting yesterday and already will have two by the end of the day) but I have to say returning to my summer activity list is bringing me joy.

The list is giving myself a nice goal/challenge for the summer which will:
  • a) get me out of my apartment for something beyond going for walks and errands
  • b) give me more of a sense of purpose/meaning/accomplishment
  • c) give me lots to look forward to over the course of the summer

Now this is how I am capturing my summer so when fall rolls around and I feel like I have not done anything I will have proof I am wrong and that yes indeed I have done stuff around Chicago this summer. 

You might have a different part of summer you want to capture such as :
  • Books Read
  • Miles Walked/Ran/Biked
  • Pages written
  • Volunteer projects
  • New recipes
  • Jobs applied for

But I would recommend capturing some part of summer so you can savor your time and feel more joy and accomplishment in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .