Saturday, May 14, 2022

Eurovision From Across The Pond

 

Eurovision was introduced to me this year by a friend over in Scotland. I knew that Eurovision was often parodied in other shows but I did not know how amazingly wibbly wobbly odd it really is. 

I was not able to watch the final live since it is hard to access on this side of the pond (It is almost like we are not a part of Europe LOL) but my friend had a running commentary and I was able to follow along well enough that I was able to write several poems about Eurovision Today. 

Overall Eurovision is just an amazing and wonderful break from life, the universe, and everything. 

Eurovision Poems #1

My friend on the other side of the pond
Is watching and commenting on Eurovision
Which is nice since the show got lost somewhere
On its way traveling over to this side of the pond,
And can only be seen by paying a lovely fee
Like when you visit the classic moulin rouge

Eurovision Poems #2

France asks what is wrong with
Dancing with the Devil? I bet
The Devil would be a good dancer
Maybe not the best, but then again
The Devil was not the best fiddler
Player either so being good is good
Enough. And the Devil has been
Around so probably knows all the
Dance moves throughout history

Eurovision Poems #3

Sadly Norway’s Give That Wolf A Banana
Was not the winner of this year’s Eurovision
But I have to say that I will remember wolves
Eat bananas long after I have forgotten I was
Following Eurovision this year, long after indeed

Eurovision Poems #4

Ukraine won Eurovision
And considering their spring
Being invaded, Being attacked
They should win everything
Absolutely everything indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .