Monday, October 2, 2023

Welcome October Wisdom

 

We have entered the month of October:

October Poem By Dreaming Ace

Cool breezes of fall will arrive
October’s wise wisdom is soon upon us
A month clearly focused on magic
Yoga calendar states the theme of Ease
At church a month focused on Gratitude
Planner states “Seek Joy in the little things”
A month honoring reading banned books
Magic, Ease, Gratitude, “Seek Joy”, Read
October’s wise wisdom is upon us

For me October is often a full month. I try to do something loosely Halloween based everyday. This can look like reading a book, seeing a film, going to a talk at the library, watching a Halloween episode, listening to a podcast etc. This means when I get to Halloween itself I have evidence that I fully immersed myself in this season of magic. 

I hope you are able to find ways to experience magic at this time of year. 

In addition this year all signs point to the importance of taking this month to deeply root myself so that I am all warm and cozy come winter. 

Rooting in Ease. 

Rooting in Gratitude. 

Rooting in Joy. 

Some of this is trying to get ahead on a few projects, some of this is taking inventory, some of this is simply taking the time to pause and reflect as the seasons turn. 

Or as Wentworth Miller recently posted on Instagram:

gentle gentle
slow slow
thoughtful thoughtful
flow flow

8 words aloud every day all day as often as required realigning 
regulating calming + cooling as tides rise temperatures too

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .