Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Happy/Meaningful Ash Wednesday/Lent


Today is Ash Wed or the start of the 40* day period referred to as Lent. 
(*It really is more than 40 if you count Sunday's etc.)

I will say I am someone who looks forward to the season of Lent. There is something about the ritual and the pattern of the season that I really enjoy. It feels like a good time to add/modify a goal. But this year I am playing it a little differently. I am throwing away the plan LOL. 

  • On Ash Wed I typically go on an epic walk and do some church hopping getting to as many services as I can.
  • This year today is supposed to be a wash out so I plan on getting to one in person service which I will either walk or take public transit to since I really don't want to go on an epic walk in the rain

  • For Lent I typically work through "Eastertide: Prayers for Lent Through Easter from The Divine Hours" by Phyllis Tickle
  • This year I am choosing to do one activity from "The *more or less* Definitive Guide To Self-Care" by Anna Borges instead

  • For Lent I typically am all about quantity over quality. How many Lent based activities can I fit in over the season? How many different services in person and virtually? How many daily devotionals can I work though? How can I Win the most activities for Lent? LOL
  • This year I am choosing to try to focus on what will bring me joy. So I am doing one short morning devotion via an app via the Church of England, going to my normal church on Sundays, etc. but not going over the top to the point where lent activities become stressful.

Lent is a wonderful time where we all can reflect on our lives (like a 40+ day new years eve lol) it is a good time to add a practice what helps us get closer to ourselves. I hope if you celebration Ash Wed and Lent that you have a Happy and Meaningful Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .