Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Being Beautiful. Being Powerful.


Recently I have been thinking about what it means on a deeper level to be beautiful (or handsome if that language is a better fit for you.) 

Some of this comes from:
Now I have always chosen comfort over fashion, and never have been someone to wear makeup (when your first introduction to makeup is stage makeup, makeup always seemed just a pain) So I would basically just put people who cared about those things in a "silly things some humans do" bubble and go about my day (ok sometimes with a harmless slight roll of my eyes at how silly humans can be)

My reading means I have started to reevaluate my own personal style or at least trying to pin down what my personal style might be. It is interesting to read about individuals who have found inner confidence and inner power through makeup or fashion. Now I doubt I will ever jump on the makeup bandwagon (it is just too much effort) but it is fascinating to see what others who have jumped on the wagon see from the top.


For example while I typically gravitate to cooler colors dark purples, dark blues, dark greens … recently I have been working to find ways to add a pop of color to my wardrobe. The above picture shows a bunch of shirts I got for $1 each from Out Of The Closet a local resale shop. On some level I think I am seeking the same energy and same boldness that many people find when they put on a bold lipstick color.

There are no right or wrong answers when it comes to finding a look that makes us feel amazing. We can choose to blend in or we can bring a pop of color to any situation. In the end it comes down to choosing a look for ourselves in which we can find our inner goddess/god. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .