Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Restyling For Fall

Happy September 1st. 

It finally is feeling a bit cooler outside (I'm sorry but when my phone says that it feels like it is over 100 out it is simply too hot LOL) and I have been thinking about how I can restyle my spaces, my life, and my point of view for the new season. 

Restyling Spaces:

For me this is probably the quickest and easiest restyling. This season it has been switching out coverings so that my room is now in shades of orange, red, yellow, and brown which feels fall friendly. 

Really the only issue was the "give a mouse a cookie" problem. As I was restyling I realized I should do some cleaning, which led to a semi-deep cleaning, which took more time than I would have liked, but that is life :)

I would also like to note my thanks to my roommate who had an old comforter from collage that I ended up inheriting that is all in oranges and which really helps create a showpiece orange sofa for fall.

Restyling Life/Point Of View: 

For me this type of restyling was based on the daily to-do list I already follow. It was more about looking at my list and thinking about what the purpose of each category was and how I could modify my goals within each category to be more in align with these purposes. 

For example, I find when I have a daily task such as doing 3 self care practices each day, they end up becoming "should based" as in I am doing them less because I really want to, and more because they are a quick item to check off my list. 

I am trying to focus on quality vs. quantity. (I tried to add more variety last month by upping my daily self care items to three a day from two a day but that ended up just meaning I was doing the same three tasks each day not actually getting a wider variety of activities)

For example the below picture is a sample of what one of my self care focuses will be each day and which of my five values I will focus on as part of my daily "BBJ" (Bold, Belonging, Joy) or "Other" categories. 


So today one of my self care tasks will have to do with using visual art for self care, and as part of BBJ or Other I will do one thing that feeds my curiosity. (The content in parenthesizes is just to remind myself what I meant by each classification, it is not an exhaustive list at all)

While your list might look completely different from mine it makes sense to give yourself some structure* so that when this season is done you feel like you have accomplished something around some of your goals. 

* Of course also be flexible, for me my list is less a what I have to do and more just a reminder to do different things each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .