Monday, September 13, 2021

Art, Art, Art ...


This past weekend was filled with a different creative festival each day. 
  • Friday was The River North Design District 2021 Fall Gallery Walk
  • Saturday was the Printer Lit Literary Festival
  • Sunday was Lakeview East Art Festival.

The River North Design District 2021 Fall Gallery Walk: 


It was fun to go with a friend, my "Captain Cold" and see art. It was also neat that there was food to nibble on at many of the locations which brought me back to the before times when that was a lot more common. I really enjoyed this particular piece of art.

 

I really enjoyed the views of Chicago from this stop. Felt like a secret hideaway.


This was an Art work I made at one of the stops. As I posted online at one point I was actually waiting for paint to dry so I could take my art work home without getting it all over me as I took public transit. In addition to the above I ended up with a good stack of design/art catalogues which will provide inspiration for various creative projects moving forward.

Printer Lit Literary Festival:


As I wandered around the fest I ended up stopping by a booth where I could get my name written in Arabic (for free) which was fun. Also while standing in line I heard the guy talking about the whole there not being a P, instead it being a B in Arabic which always reminds me of The Band's Visit


I also found The Legend of Tomorrow's magic pointy stick (aka as The Spear of Destiny) from season 2. (And that is my story and I am sticking to it) It was hard not to giggle when I saw it since the author at the booth was using it in a more sacred manner than as a magic pointy stick.

Lakeview East Art Festival:


I ended up seeing some cool art, getting this signed poster for free, and listening to some fun music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .