Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Happy Autumn Equinox, Happy Mabon


The Autumn Equinox is finally here. For some reason this year I have been yearning for fall for a while as my roommates can attest. (Maybe because it was a hot summer and getting all sweaty when I went for my daily walk was not cool?) 

According to a few sources this is a perfect time to let go of things that no longer serve us. 

Mabon is named for the Welsh God, Mabon. Mabon falls on the Autumn Equinox, marking the beginning of the dark months. Mabon also marks a time of rest. The harvest is now over, and with the coming dark months, there is less work to be done.

Instead, preparation for the cold is now at the forefront. This is a time to complete projects and let go of things that are no longer serving you so that you may feel at peace during the chilly winter months.
I am taking this time to take a physical, mental, and spiritual inventory of what I have, and what I should use up or discard before the new year. Since I am starting now when the end of Dec rolls around and I am running around doing a whole list of activities I will already be ready.  Plus I can do some trial runs and see what resolutions might work for next year. 

This inventorying includes practical things like tossing ripped clothing, using up old bath and body products, and sorting items that can go into my gift drawer. This also includes some aspirational things like considering where I want to go in 2022 vocationally, health wise, etc. and spending the fall figuring out what pre-steps I need to do first. 

For example:
  • I want to do more freelance work so working on a portfolio of my previous projects. 
  • I want to do more art projects so doing an inventory of what art supplies I have.
  • I want to open some space in my life so thinking about what I need to leave behind

In addition the fall is a long enough season where I can calmly and unhurried look through categories and determine if items are serving me, can serve me, or have become a "should" that simply stresses me out. "I "should" keep it for x, y, or z reason instead of it actually being useful or bringing joy." I also find if I give myself enough time I can recognize items that once served me, but no longer do and would do better being shared with others. 

I wish everyone a Happy Autumn Equinox, and Happy Mabon. May this be a season where you get everything lined up so come winter you can spend more time curled up all cozy, with a hot beverage, enjoying a book or listening to music. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .