Sunday, July 24, 2016

SDCC (San Diego Comic Con): A celebration of fandom and new Promos.

 SDCC (San Diego Comic Con) is one of the largest celebrations of Fandom. Both TV and Film studios use SDCC (and the weeks surrounding it) as an opportunity to release new promos. 
I will comment on a few promos for shows plan to watch. 
(I also know that promos often are way off and easily miss interpreted)

Season 4 Sherlock



It feels like Sherlock is getting the "Dark Knight" treatment. As someone who still feels A Study in Pink was one of the best episodes I am wary of the direction this promo seems to say season 4 is going.  Personally I prefer when Sherlock is being Sherlock: Solving Cases, Being a bit socially unaware/awakward etc. This promo implies he will be dealing with some drama from his past. And I will bet, based on this promo, season 4 will not end with a light and fun musical episode. 

American God's TV Show


(Because of the winds of technology the above link is to the promo and the below is a promo + Commentary by the cast and crew)


I am really excited for this. I read American God's about 5 years ago and felt it was too "Old Man and the Sea" where in the end you are pretty much where you began. (I have heard you either Love American God's or You hate American Gods, while I was more of a Meh about American God's it was not bad, it was not over whelming, it was fine) After this clip I plan on re-reading the story. Honestly I think I will appreciate it more after watching shows which are based on a similar "Road Trip" format. (In the past year I have seen 12 season's of the show Supernatural which is also a "Road Trip" story so I have  a better understand of that format and what music to play, what snacks to grab, and what road signs to pay attention too.)

Lucifer Season 2




I enjoyed season 1 of Lucifer and am glad that it will be coming back for a season 2.  I hope that they spend some real time having Lucifer continue to work through his families very messy relationships. I still think one of the best clips from season one was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2or2T62T1I when Lucifer talked about the burden of being Lucifer. It is cool that Lucifer as a Mom which means God had a wife at some point. (Would have been cooler if he had had a husband but that is TV). Excited to see where this goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .