Wednesday, March 1, 2023

March Marching Into Renewal?

 

February was a month where I tried to focus on self love, this looked like enjoying various teas I had collected and using up some lotions etc. I also focused on reading a wide range of book by Black authors for Black History Month. And now it is March.

In many ways while my official theme for February was self love in reality it was also staying busy enough in order to survive since as I have said before February is often feels like the longest month to me. (And based on social media I am not the only one who finds February tends to be challenging)

So for March I am trying to focus on renewal and connection to others. I am trying out a Lent discussion at the church that my church shares space with. I am also trying a new book club at a local book shop that opened last Nov (This is a continuation of attending a few February book discussions at my local branch of the library)  

In some ways you could say in March I hope to march into some internal, virtual, and physical spring cleaning. Getting rid that which is stagnate, what no longer serves, what is holding me back. Or in the words of the book How to Keep House While Drowning by KC Davis, trying to make my life inside and out more functional. 

In addition March is Women's History Month so I will focus on only reading books with female or nonbinary identified individuals. I am honestly not quite sure what else I will be doing to celebrate women this month. While I was assigned female at birth and self identify as female I would not say I strongly identify with that identity. 

May we all have a good March filled with renewal and connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .