Monday, June 20, 2022

Pride's Lessons On Embodiment

 

This weekend I ended up at the Chicago Pride Fest (which is separate from the Chicago Pride Parade which is next weekend) and it got me thinking about embodiment. 

The Pride Fest is always a celebration of bodies in all their shapes and sizes. You will see people in minimum clothing. You will also see multiple portrayals of reproductive organs all over the place in art, in giveaways, pretty much everywhere.

I was reminded that I tend to have a more Sherlock Holmes view of my body and see my body as transport. It gets me from one place to another but I don't have strong feelings about it. My body just exists. 

So Pride is always interesting because most pride events really celebrate the human body. There is a great love of the body inside and out, the physical body, and what that physical body can accomplish. I am now thinking about what it would mean to really love my body and not just see it as transport.

We all have different relationship to our bodies. Some of us love our bodies. Some of us are neutral about our bodies. Some of us are negative towards our bodies. And no matter where we fall on that spectrum Pride has something to teach us. 

What would it look like if we were all absolutely in love with our own bodies?

What would it look life if we were all absolutely in love with ourselves inside and out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .