Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Trusting My Inner Legend Of Tomorrow

 

Currently I am working to trust my inner Legend Of Tomorrow. This comes from talking to a therapist I know and being given the affirmation: 

"I trust my wise self to guide me as I release being stuck and discover and embrace my chosen path"

Which after I modified to be more applicable to me became something like:

"I trust my inner Legend of Tomorrow, I release feeling stuck as I discover and embrace my next season's adventure knowing the team has my back." (The wording of the ending is still in flux)

The Legends are great because there are so many characters who have become part of the Legends family that there is always someone who would completely understand what I am experiencing no matter what that experience is (and if you add in fanfiction I really mean ANY experience you could ever be having). 

Plus the Legends welcome pretty much anyone no matter how much or how little they have their lives together. I love how Constantine puts it:

Astra: I bet you're the only one on this ship who's happy to see him.

Constantine: Oh, nonsense. As far as this sorry lot are concerned, as soon as anyone stops trying to murder them on a weekly basis, they're best friends.

I am working to lean into my inner Legend of Tomorrow, my inner adorable band of misfits, the parts of me that are based in taking action and not just thinking about things. (So my inner Mick Rory? Or inner Sarah Lance?) 

Right now as I am trying to remember, in the language of Pentecost, how to "have visions and dream, dreams" about the next seasons of my life. This means remembering Legend's wisdom reminding us all that we are not alone, don't have to carry life alone, we are part of a team, and once a legend always a legend. 

Family isn't just the people you grow up with, it's the people you find, the one's you love, the one's who make you crazy, make you smile. (Barry Allen To Sarah Lance)

You guys were heroes. But it's not because you do magic or because you have superpowers, what makes you guys special, what makes us special, is that we're just a bunch of misfits who are trying to make a difference. That is what we need right now. (Zari 1.0/Zari 2.0)  

As flawed and unruly as you are individually, together you are the best crew, the best team a captain could ever hope for. So... stick together. And remember: history is yours now, my dear Legends. Good luck! (Rip Hunter)

I find myself surrounded by numerous communities, numerous teams, numerous groups of Legends if only I allow myself to see and believe in those connection. I find I often hold myself separate from others and have to remember to jump into feeling part of community.

Or quoting a different fandom:

“Time travel (Living a Life?) is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guidebook. You've got to throw yourself in! Eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers! Or is that just me?” The Ninth Doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .