Friday, July 23, 2021

Magenta an Interesting Story

 


I have started to listen to the Talk Art podcast with Russell Tovey and Robert Diament and so far it is very interesting. It has been running for several years but since I just learned about it, I am listening to the podcast from the beginning. 

Yesterday I listened to their conversation with Sir Michael Craig-Martin CBE and among other things learned about the history of Magenta.

Fact #1 

Magenta was only created in 1859 by the French chemist François-Emmanuel Verguin.

Fact #2

According to Sir Michael Craig-Martin CBE, Magenta makes all other colors around it look better/more colorful. 

I would have to say that before listening to the podcast I had no idea that Magenta had an interesting past I just thought it was a color. Listening to these Talk Art conversations also means since I have some time this weekend I am inspired to think about different ways I can style my own room/apartment. 

Nothing too wild, more changing some of the posters on the wall, grouping them differently, finding a few new ways to incorporate some of the odd and ends of scrap cloth I use around my room etc. But I am looking for ways to add pops of color in my room and in general just have a space that feels refreshed.

Since I already have materials I can use, posters, art I have created, cloth, …  I am letting my creatively flow and thinking about my space as if it was a curated exhibit at an art gallery or museum. Sometimes a change of view is exactly what is needed. 

So if you have some time consider either listening to someone talk about art, going to see art, thinking abut your own space as an art gallery, or even creating your own art. As was mentioned at a different point in the conversation with Sir Michael Craig-Martin CBE,  allowing a piece of art to be a piece of art is an act of faith and art is about self knowledge and learning how to express yourself. 

May you have an art filled weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .