Monday, August 31, 2020

RIP Mr. Chadwick Boseman

 


Friday night I was messaging with someone when they said that Mr. Chadwick Boseman had passed away. I did not believe it until I confirmed the news online because it seemed impossible. 

Honestly I really just know Mr. Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther (though now I have a long list of other movies to watch in his honor). But Black Panther was enough and now I deeply mourn his loss. 

As a white woman even I could understand the power and importance of Black Panther. I loved the film because absolutely everything was imbued with meaning and I remember the joy of reading so many articles which helped explain that meaning to those of us who otherwise might have missed it.

Also seeing Black Panther made me feel anyone could be a superhero, that I could be a superhero in a way that even the first female-driven superhero movies did not. I also know whatever I felt around Black Panther others were feeling so much more. 

For example, this story has been going around online:




Mr. Chadwick Boseman's death not only has impacted us all because of his youth but also because we found out he had been quietly suffering with cancer for 4 years. Thankfully he was respected and honored as an actor during his lifetime but his death is a reminder that we never know what anyone else is going through. We never know who is struggling. We never know where someone's kindness might be coming from. 

I think the lesson, if there is one, is that we should all do our due diligence to make sure that everyone we care about, and everyone we love, know how important they are to us.

RIP Mr. Chadwick Boseman you have left a mark on this world which shall never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .