Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Happy October


October Has Arrived
By Dreaming Ace

October has arrived
Bringing a month of magic
Natural magic: Changing Leaves
Wellness magic: Teas and Soups
Joyous magic: Stories and Tales
A time when the line between
Past and Present and Future
Natural and Supernatural
What is, What could be
Is Thinner, Is Liminal
October has arrived
Bringing a month of magic

I love celebrating the magic month of October.

For me, it doesn't matter if it is the magic of watching and feeling the weather change, the magic of a nice warm cup of tea or hot cocoa, the magic of a yummy cooking project using up what I have, or the magic that only good stories in all their forms can bring. I enjoy celebrating magic in all its forms, shapes, and squiggles. 

I am planning on doing one magic/supernatural/Halloween activity all 31 days of October. I read supernatural stories; I go to apple festivals, fall festivals, and Halloween festivals; I go to a wonderful series of Terror Tuesday Talks at the library on the history of horror films. 

For example yesterday I read a few stories from We Mostly Come Out at Night: 15 Queer Tales of Monsters, Angels & Other Creatures which seems a fitting choice to start with as a magic / supernatural / Halloween activity and a LGBTQ History Month activity. I am looking forward to all the ways I can incorporate magic into my October.


(Photo by Dreaming Ace)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .