Monday, May 8, 2023

Eurovision 2023: Feel Good Music As Mental Health Breaks

 

When we think about mental health it is important to think about the small things we all can do when we are feeling somehow. Ways we can get what we are experiencing out of us. Or as Wentworth Miller once stated in a Q &A with students at Oxford:

Just moments where I am doing what I need to do to make sure that I vibrate at the right frequency that might look like burning some sage, that might look like dinner out with a friend, that might look like a bath with Epsom salts – just the things that I need to do for myself that are small, doable, affordable, that nourish me.

One such small thing that is available to pretty much everyone is music. There is something about fun music which can boost our moods when our brains are being grumpy, our emotions are confusing, or we are dealing with "feelings" The great thing is we can listen to music when we are alone, and when we are with others. And we can always turn music into an impromptu dance party which can make us feel even better.

If you are looking for songs to make you feel good checking out the contestants for Eurovision is a good place to start. Last year I really enjoyed the one about a vegetarian wolf (or at least a omnivore wolf) aka Give That Wolf A Banana from Norway and the one about Autism Not The Same from Australia.

There is something about a good a beat and some odd or silly lyrics that puts me in a better mood. I have not listen to all of this year's songs but those I have are a lot of fun. Some that stand out to me so far include:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .