Monday, January 9, 2023

The Liminal Space Of A New Year ...

 

Happy New Years, Happy 2023

Yes I know that 2023 is already a whole week old but because of weather and time going wibbly wobbly I am still sending everyone a Happy New Year. 

Because the holidays including New Year became a bit of a smear because my travel plans were delayed a week I am even more aware that the start of a new year is a liminal space. 

Typically there is something about the striking of midnight that seems to demarcate a new year and a new beginning but this year while I got to celebrate the new year I had to accept some of my new year's plans had to be modified for a short while until I was settled back home.  

(I have to admit I tend to feel like if you don't start something on Jan 1st you are running late, to the point where it has bugged me that Yoga with Adriene's Jan challenge (which this year is Center) always starts on the 2nd LOL)

So as I sit in this liminal space where 2022 and 2023 blend together or create a sunset/sunrise here are a few notes on both the year past and what I hope from the year to come.

2022 Biggest Self-Discovery -- My neurodivergence/Being Autistic

2022 Theme: "Throw away the plan" (Thanks Captain Cold)
2023 Theme: "I have so much to live for" (Thanks Hob Gadling)

2022 #carechronical #selfcarechronical (Thanks Wentworth Miller)
2023 adding #hobgadlingwonder (Thanks Hob Gadling)

#hobgadlingwonders is a celebration of "modern marvels". Modern as in post 1389 and marvels as in things Hob would share with Dream of the Endless when they meet up every 100 years. 

"Because you wanna know what it's like. All right. I'll tell you what it's like. ( sighs ) It's fսck¡ng brilliant. It's all changing... Um... Chimneys. Not having your eyes watering all the time from the smoke. ( chuckles ) And now we have these little cloth pieces for your nose. In the old days, we just used our sleeves. Oh. And playing cards." (Hob in The Sound Of Her Wings)

I am finding Andy Grammer's - Love Myself is speaking to me as I start 2023.

In terms of practical things in 2023 I am trying to make sure that I eat 3 meals each day 
My goal is to have one of those meals include at least 5 ingredients 
so that I can find a new passion in eating/food. 

In addition I am working on better understanding emotions and have started reading Atlas of the Heart.

I do not know what 2023 will bring for me or for you
But I hope we all have meaningful and memorable upcoming year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .