Wednesday, January 18, 2023

A Free Day At The Field Museum

 
(Yes I touched the real dinosaur bone)

The Field Museum offers select free admission days for Illinois residents throughout the year.

Upcoming free museum days for Illinois residents at The Field Museum
January 24, 25, 31; February 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 20

Free entry year-round for the following groups: Active military and Illinois teachers.

Today I took advantage of a free day at The Field Museum. I will say I felt more challenged going to the Field than I did going to the Art Institute earlier this week. I felt the most comfortable with the pretty gems, the dinosaurs, etc. because those felt less problematic. Even though I know that for several of the exhibits The Field has gotten a lot of feedback from the people referenced, some exhibits still felt a little voyeuristic/look at these people and how different they are from us. 


(I did not pay to see the Death exhibit but was glad she has an exhibit)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .