Saturday, April 9, 2022

Art Around Chicago April (Second Week)


Last night at part of Expo Chicago's Art After Hours I wandered into a number of art galleries.
(I went to the After Hours since the convention itself costs too much for me)

One of the galleries was Gallery Victor Armendariz
Which I have been inside a time or two
This time they had some of Mary Borgman’s portraits
Which really grabbed my eye and imagination.

 

4/8/22

Mary Borgman’s Portrait of a Justin Shanitlvich*


The stories that are captured in an eye looking out

The stories that are captured within a brush stroke 

What is your story dear sir? I want to know your tale

Your face reminds me of someone I know so I look

And I look, and I look once again, deep into your eyes

To see your story, to in addition see the person I know 

I understand why these paintings take a year to finish

It can be seen in the brush strokes that make you come

Alive before my very eyes, eyes meeting eyes, art’s power


*At the Victor Armendariz Gallery 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .