Friday, March 4, 2022

Making Art To Process War

This month I am choosing to focus my #carechronical / #selfcarechronical on Art. (My journey can be found on my my social media) While this may include a wide range of things from making art, to viewing art, to learning about art so far it has looked like creating an art project each day using materials I have around my apartment.

On one hand this has been a lot of fun. On the other it has been one way for me to process my reaction to the war in the Ukraine. While I know that creating art is not going to end the war, or save peoples lives I still think it is important.

Art is allowing me to focus on trying to find hope in a historical moment that looks bleak and dark. 

Where people are dying each and every day. 
Where refuges continue to increase in number. 
Where some countries think they can simply take over other sovereign nation because they want to and won't face consequences. 

Here are a few of the art pieces I have made so far. each of these has a reference to Ukraine either via sunflowers, or a yellow/blue color palette. 


March 1 2022 "Sunflowers for peace" 
(tempera paint on canvas) 
by Dreaming Ace


March 3 2022 "Searching For Hope In Time Of War" 
(mixed media, cardboard, tempera paint, magazine, construction paper, marker) 
by Dreaming Ace


March 4 2022 "Weaving Peace Together"
 (mixed media printer paper, construction paper, paint, glue) 
by Dreaming Ace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .