Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year, Happy 2020


As 2020 arrives we find ourselves in a time of new beginnings, a time to start again (and again, and again ...) a time to remind ourselves and others that we all belong here and we all are trying our best.  

While I have made some resolutions for this year (mainly tweaking my successful resolutions form last year) I also have once again selected a phrase for the year.

2019 my word for the year was magic, and for 2020 my phrase is "Live Lighter, Dive Deeper" 

I hope to live less encumbered, I have been doing some cleaning, donating, and unsubscribing to things. I am hoping to have more time and energy to put towards meaningful projects. 

I also hope to dive deeper into my relationships so I can lessen the "Crisis of Belonging" too many feel in the current day and age. 

Whatever you choose to do or not do for the new year and the new decade I am standing right by your side cheering you on. Always remember You are wonderful. You are loved. You belong. 

I am leaving you with Happy New Year Message I wrote. Happy New Year. May it be a great one for you.

Happy New Year 

Another year ends 
Another decade begins 
Another turning of time 

No matter what tomorrow brings 
No matter what the year to come brings 
No matter what the decade to come brings 

Burn the candles, Drink the tea, Read the books 
Make “Someday” today. Remember to just breathe 
In and Out and In and Out 
In and Out Again 
And Make Good Art (1) 

You are wonderful. 
You are loved. 
You belong. 

*quietly confident in the manifold gifts you possess, 
Both known and unknown to you* 
Right behind you. You got this. (2) 

You are wonderful. 
You are loved. 
You belong. 

May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and (know) someone thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. 

And I hope, somewhere in the next year, You surprise yourself. (3) 

You are wonderful. 
You are loved. 
You belong. 

I hope you will have a wonderful year, that you'll dream dangerously and outrageously, that you'll make something that didn't exist before you made it, that you will be loved and that you will be liked, and that you will have people to love and to like in return. (4) 

You are wonderful. 
You are loved. 
You belong. 

Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life. Whatever it is you're scared of doing, do it. (5) 

You are wonderful. 
You are loved. 
You belong. 

Happy Happy New Year 

1 Neil Gaiman Wisdom, 2 Lin-Manuel Tweet, 3 Neil Gaiman Former New Year’s Wish, 
4 Neil Gaiman Former New Year’s Wish, 5 Neil Gaiman Former New Year’s Wish


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .