Sunday, March 17, 2019

Pre-C2E2 Year in Review

Next weekend is C2E2 (Chicago Comics and Entertainment Expo) where in addition to going to cool panels I will be able to say my yearly Hi to Robbie Thompson. :) I first was introduced to him at the Depaul Pop Culture Conference on Supernatural several years ago now. Let's just say he really impressed me with his openness and willingness to talk with us fans (for what turned into about 3 hours straight) on topics from writing to mental health issues to therapy and this has continued each time I run into him.

So he has become one of my "Best of Writers, Best of Dreamers" (A wordplay on Hamilton's Best of Wives, Best of Women). In addition, taking a page from Neil Gaiman's American Gods, I imagine that these writers are Gods who need offerings. My offerings are offering of creativity. So for the 2nd or 3rd time, I will give Robbie Thompson a poem about my offerings this year. Here is that poem:

As one of my “Best of Writers, Best of Dreamers”
As one in my personal pantheon of Gods
Here is an accounting of this years offerings

Offerings of putting words down on the page
Offerings of “Writing what I feel” and “Making Good Art” 
Of Being Weird and Inscrutable
Offerings of 365+ daily poems
Offerings of sharing those poems
Through a Monthly Poetry E-news(1)
Offerings of a weekly blog
Offerings of creative projects and Supporting Theater

I have dedicated 2019: A Year of Magic (and Wonder and Joy).
A Year of The Doctor herself, A Year of Mary Poppins. 
A Year of Newt Scamander. 
A year where I regularly “Trip a Little Light Fantastic”.

At the turning of this year I wrote the words (2):
“A question mark response to a poem
A reminder that I may be Muggle 
But I still can see magic, the magical
In ways that others can not, will not
Often just out of the corner of my eye
Or within that thing called dreaming 
But I will do the Perfect Strangers Happy Dance
When it occurs. And yes I know the truth
That these things should never be told
Because in the telling that become dust 
But I will tell these stories and I will keep them safe
Because if you keep your eyes open for magic
Magic you will find, Magic will find you, Magic will go forth
Thank you for the question mark of possibility”

May these offerings be acceptable to all the writer gods
And may they give strength to all the writer gods
By the power of the ink of creation


(1) Anyone can join my monthly poetry e-news by sending an email to adreamingace at gmail.com
(2) My Poem 12/25/18 a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .