Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Letting Go To Make Room In 2023

 

While many people have heard of "Spring Cleaning" I find that I tend to do "New Years Cleaning." I find it helpful to let go of items that I no longer need (and some of them become great holiday gifts for others.) Also as I am going through what I have and what I can let go of I tend to also be doing a semi-deep cleaning of my room. 

And it is always nice when I get back from Holiday Travels to come back to a clean space and a space that can absorb what ever holiday gifts I have gotten. I do find if I can get my space clean I feel more centered and more ready to face a new year. If I am able to break down cleaning tasks into manageable sized projects, and I have an interesting podcast going, I can make progress and feel good.

And yes one part of letting go to make room for 2023 is letting go of items, but it also is letting go of internal stuff that is holding me back. Repairing the worn edges of daily tasks that no longer help me move forward. Rebuilding bits of goals that have fallen off over the course of the year. Allowing others to have dreams that no longer bring me joy.

So if you have a moment or two during this busy holiday season I would recommend doing some cleaning too. It is never going to be perfect (And don't worry about dust unless you really want to LOL.) But with a little prep we can set ourselves up to be able to enjoy the start of a new year which is pretty much all anyone can ask for at this time of year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .