Friday, December 17, 2021

Thank You: Responders To Letters

Department of Transportation beats the VP*** LOL

I have Secretary Pete Buttigieg and Chasten on my seasonal card list. I never actually expected a response since I bet he gets lots of encouraging fan mail, though I still hoped that the department would have some sort of thanks for writing department/intern. Well today I grabbed the mail, saw something I did not pay much attention to since I assumed it was some nonsense from the city. 

I am glad I opened it carefully since it was a letter from Pete. :) :) :) With a real signature as in the ink can be seen from the back so not just a stamped signature. The letter is clearly a kind of generic thank you for writing, kind of letter, but I got a response which is amazing and means I will continue to send him cards since he might actually see them, at least some of the time. It was a really cool piece of mail to get today. And reminds me that sending people cards is important even if I am not sure if they get them at all. Surly worth the cost of a stamp.

*** 

Back when Clinton was president me and my friends sent a few letters and I got generic thank you for writing notes with pictures from all the Clintons, from Sox the cat, from maybe a puppy dog? and a few others (They are back home with my parents so I can't quickly look them all up). I got enough I started to take them all for granted.

At that time I also wrote Gore and never got an answer and remember being annoyed he did not have as good a thanks for writing department/intern to sends this type of stuff/ etc. I have not written Harris yet so I really can't compare but right now the Department of Transportation responds better than the VP at least in my mind. Though now I feel like I have to do a scientific study and send notes to the VP and President and see if I get a response


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .