Monday, April 24, 2017

C2E2 My Day 3 in Review

Sunday was Day 3 of C2E2. It was a bit of a calmer day. I went as the Ohila the High Priestess of the Sisterhood of Karn. Though many people thought I was a wizard from Harry Potter instead which was fine. Personally, I have very flexible in my cosplay. I can be whoever you think I look like.



It was interesting though because I realised this is one of the very few female characters I cosplay as. For me, it is more an issue of male characters having more clothing bits in common. You have one men's shirt and a jacket or two and you are all set to play 1/2 of all male characters.

Sunday ("Kids Day") highlighted for me the fact that there are more characters for both women and girls to play than ever before. There were many very cute Rey(s) and Wonder Women(s) and this year many wonderful Moana(s).

I went to a few panels but nothing really stood out to comment about here.

Random Highlights From day:

  • Going and getting Robbie Thompson to actually sign my Tardis Autograph book. 
    • So now with Robbie Thompson, in addition to Niel Gaiman, my book has 2/5 of my current "Best of Writer's Best of Dreamers" So Graham Moore, Lin-Manual Miranda and Benjamin Alire Saenz some day you will join them. :) 
  • Being hit in the Face by Castiel's wings. 
    • I was at the SPN fan panel and a cosplayer came in with a costume which included fully extended wings for Castiel which hit me in the face. They were soft and I think it is a great story lol

Sunday was a good day for books. I got 9. Some new releases, some used. Many were from an organisation called The Science Fiction Outreach Program. 

Each came with a bookmark highlighting upcoming Science fiction conventions (And completely randomly the first listed is in Puerto Rico an area I am hyper-focused on right now and the second is Finland which is where my mom once taught nursery school. Another it's another it's a small world moment). 

The fun thing is I will read these books and share with family or with the free take a book library at the social service centre at the organization my roommate works for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .