Monday, April 9, 2018

C2E2 Day 3



Here is a recap of C2E2 Day 3. It is being written a day late for reasons which will be made clear at the end. :)

I got to C2E2 early enough there was only a short line to have our photos taken with the Infinity Stone Glove. The photo was taken before I thought to do the Wakanda arm cross. If I got glove away from Thanos in real life I think I would give it to someone in Wakanda leadership because of all the superheros I think I would trust them the most.

My first panel was on "The Legacy of Asexuality and aromanticism in media" which went over some of the lingo and then discussed many of the stereotypes. There was a discussion about how in asexual communities there is aromanticism erasure. The 5 or 6 ace characters in canons were explored. And how we in general want explicate representation not if you squint and cross your eyes and hold your breath you can see it representation.

Archival Quality - Weir, Ivy NoelleNext I got a free "ok hot dog" at the Cards against humanity table. I then went to what was to be my last panel on Comics as Therapy. Which discussed some good comics to deal with mental health issues such as Archival Quality a comic which looks at depression and anxiety within a ghost tale. I have requested it through the library but it is new enough that the library is still waiting for its copies. Another graphic novel recommended was "Lighter then my shadow" which deals with eating disorders. The panel was more focused on how to use such comics in the classroom and such comics were suggested as a way to support students who are struggling and to give them a way to voice what they are feeling by asking what parts stood out, what characters they liked. The panel was hosted by http://popcultureclassroom.org/ an site whch helps teachers use comics in the classroom.

Next I went back to hang out a bit more with my Robbie Thompson which was fun. Yes I clearly fan-girl hard around him. I may have already hear many of the stories he told other fans I still loved hearing them. And I got this photo with him, the photo happened to be taken by one the artists for Robbie's run of silk which is extra cool. So yes once again Robbie Thompson Rocked. :)


 


Finally I was a hero and donated blood for the first time in my life. They have a blood donation station at C2E2 and many donate. But that makes sense since so many fans really are superheros in real life. But this led to a bit of an unwanted adventure. In hindsight I realized I had eaten very little all day and had had little water, so lets just say my body was very unhappy with me and I discovered how nice the nurses there were and latter how nice CTA employees can be. Lesson Learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas and experiences of this topic.

Please read: Adventures Of A Dreaming Ace: Code Of Conduct before posting.

By posting you are agreeing to follow this blogs Code of Conduct otherwise your comment may be deleted .